STAR 94.3 “CRACK THE VAULT FOR $100,000” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Kauai Broadcast Partners, LLC d/b/a KHKU – “STAR 94.3” (the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 4357 Rice Street, Lihue, Hawaii 96766-1367 during regular business hours and on the Station’s website at Star943.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the STAR 94.3 “Crack the Vault for $100,000” Contest (the “Contest”).
2. To join the SuperSTAR Listener Community (the “Community”) and enter this Contest from 5:01pm (HT) on July 1, 2018 until at least 8:59am (HT) on December 7, 2018 (the “Contest Entry Period”), go to Star943.com/cash, complete the online form with all required information, and click the “Submit” button.
a. This Contest is limited to registered members of the Community who have elected to participate in this Contest.
b. Membership to the Community is free.
c. Incomplete registrations may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
d. The Contest Entry Period is subject to extension (as described in Section 4 below)
3. Limit one (1) entry per Community member (each an “Entrant,” collectively the “Entrants”).
4. In the event that by 9:15am (HT) on December 7, 2018, the “Contest Play Period” (as described in Section 5 below) has not concluded, the
Contest Entry Period will be extended and will continue (as described in Section 2 above) until the Contest Play Period is concluded.
Notwithstanding anything in these rules to the contrary which would provide for an earlier conclusion, the Contest Entry Period will absolutely conclude at 8:59am (HT) on December 31, 2018.
How to Win
5. The Contest Play Period will commence at approximately 7:00am (HT) on July 30, 2018 and conclude: (i) when the “Vault” has been opened for any reason (as described in Section 11 below), (ii) when there have been one hundred twenty (120) attempts to open the “Vault” (as described in Section 12 below), (iii) when the five (5) digit number guessed by a Qualifier, and entered by the Station into the secure “Crack the Vault” website administered by an independent promotions company, Interactive Promotions Group (the “Administrator”), exactly matches the predetermined winning five (5) digit combination, in order (as described in Section 6 below), or (iv) notwithstanding anything in these rules to the contrary, at 9:15am (HT) on December 31, 2018.
6. Prior to the start of the Contest Play Period, a predetermined five (5) digit combination will be randomly pre-selected for this Contest by the Administrator and placed in a sealed security envelope provided to the Station (the “Winning Combination”). The Winning Combination will be programmed into the secure “Crack the Vault” website that will be used for all Contest attempts as set forth herein.
a. The Winning Combination to the “Vault” shall be comprised of five (5) digits, each a single-digit whole number between zero (0) and nine (9) inclusive (i.e., no one of the four digits will be a fraction, a decimal, or a whole number with a value greater than nine).
b. The same digits may be used more than once within the winning five (5) digit combination (i.e., the predetermined Winning Combination could be 1-1-1-1-1).
7. Each weekday during the Contest Play Period (Monday – Friday only, excluding the following holidays, as applicable: Statehood Day (Friday, August 17, 2018), Labor Day (Monday, September 3, 2018), Election Day (Tuesday, November 6, 2018), Veterans’ Day (Monday, November 12, 2018), Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 22, 2018), and Christmas Day (Tuesday, December 25, 2018)) (each a “Contest Day”) at approximately 7:00am (HT) and 9:00am (HT) (each a “Contest Play”), Station will randomly select one (1) Entrant from among entries received up until that Contest Play and announce on air: (i) the first and last name of the selected Entrant, and (ii) the selected Entrant’s community of residence (the “Contest Announcement”).
8. The selected Entrant whose full name and community of residence were announced for that particular Contest Play will have fifteen (15) minutes from the time of the Contest Announcement to call the Station at 808-337-9494. If the announced Entrant calls the Station within the allotted fifteen (15) minutes, such Entrant will be awarded a qualifying prize (as described in Section 16 below), subject to verification of contest eligibility, identity, and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “Qualifier” and collectively, the “Qualifiers”), and will have the opportunity to guess the Winning Combination to the “Vault”. In the event a selected Entrant does not call the Station within allotted fifteen (15) minutes following the Contest Announcement, that Entrant will remain eligible to be selected again in future Contest Plays.
i. WARNING: ONLINE LISTENERS TO STREAMED BROADCASTS MAY EXPERIENCE A LAG IN TRANSMISSIONS DUE TO BUFFERING LIMITATIONS. CONTEST PARTICIPANTS SHOULD NOT RELY ON STREAMED BROADCASTS.
ii. IMPORTANT! Only calls received to the studio contest phone number above are eligible to win (calls to the main radio station phone number or any other phone numbers are not acceptable).
iii. In order to win and become a Qualifier, the actual selected Entrant (i.e., not just any person with the same name) must personally call the Station within the allotted time, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
iv. Qualifiers will have up to approximately twenty (20) seconds to make his or her guess of the five (5) digit combination to the Station’s “Vault”, as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
v. Station will only accept the first guess of each numeric digit until there are five (5) digits guessed in total. This information will be audio recorded by the Station representative and recorded on the contest information form.
9. The Station representative will then enter the Qualifier’s five (5) digit combination guess exactly as recorded on the contest information form into the secure “Crack the Vault” website provided to Station by the Administrator. In order to for a Qualifier to win the grand prize (as described in Section 17 below, the “Grand Prize”):
a. The Qualifier’s Winning Combination guess as recorded on air and on the contest information form must match, in exact order, the predetermined Winning Combination selected by the Administrator, as placed in the sealed security envelope AND preprogrammed into the secure “Crack the Vault” website (as described in Section 6 above);
b. HOWEVER, INDICATION ON THE “CRACK THE VAULT” WEBSITE THAT THE QUALIFIER HAS MATCHED THE WINNING COMBINATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WINNING ATTEMPT. The Grand Prize will NOT be awarded as a result of any of the following:
i. Any Qualifier’s Winning Combination guess as recorded by the Station in the official contest registration binder and entered into the secure “Crack the Vault” website does not match the predetermined winning five (5) digit combination contained in the sealed master envelope;
ii. Any configuration error, human error or software, hardware or machine malfunction;
iii. Any Qualifier’s Winning Combination guess that the Station records a winning number on the registration form, but fails to correctly enter the same five (5) digit combination into the secure “Crack the Vault” website.
10. By participating in the Contest, Qualifiers agree not to hold Station liable for any accidental human error in the recording of the Qualifier’s Winning Combination guess on the contest information form, or in entering the Qualifier’s Winning Combination guess into the secure “Crack the Vault” website. The Grand Prize will not be awarded as a result of an incorrect entry on the contest information form or into the secure “Crack the Vault” website.
11. IN THE EVENT THAT THE “CRACK THE VAULT” WEBSITE INDICATES A WINNING ENTRY FOR ANY REASON, CORRECTLY OR INCORRECTLY, THIS CONTEST WILL IMMEDIATELY END, WITH OR WITHOUT A WINNER, AND NO FURTHER CONTESTANTS WILL HAVE ANY RIGHT TO ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE VAULT.
12. IN THE EVENT THAT THERE ARE 120 ATTEMPTS AND THERE IS NO GRAND PRIZE WINNER, THIS CONTEST WILL IMMEDIATELY END, WITH OR WITHOUT A GRAND PRIZE WINNER, AND NO FURTHER QUALIFIERS WILL HAVE ANY RIGHT TO ENTER A COMBINATION GUESS.
13. Entrants may be selected multiple times during the Contest Play Period and, subject to the provisions herein, may make multiple separate guesses of the Winning Combination.
14. In the event that: (i) the Contest Play Period concludes on December 31, 2018, and there has been no Grand Prize Winner; or (ii) the Contest Play Period concludes prior to December 31, 2018, after there have been 120 attempts to open the “Vault”, a random “Consolation Prize Drawing” will be conducted by Station among all Qualifiers, no later than one week following the conclusion of the Contest Play Period. In the event that an Entrant has been selected multiple times during the Contest Play Period and, as a Qualifier, has made multiple separate guesses of the Winning Combination, that Qualifier will receive a number of entries in the Consolation Prize Drawing equal to the number of guesses made. In the event that there is a Grand Prize Winner, no Consolation Prize Drawing will be conducted.
15. Odds of an Entrant being selected and announced depend on number of Entrants at the time of each Contest Play. The approximate odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:100,000. The odds of a Qualifier winning the “Consolation Prize” (as described in Section 19 below) depend on the number of Qualifiers at the end of the Contest Play Period.
16. Each verified Qualifier will receive a certificate redeemable for one (1) large specialty pizza at any Pizza Hut location in Kauai County, Hawaii (the “Qualifying Prize”), made available to the verified Qualifier within thirty (30) business days of the date Qualifier completes all required Station documents. The approximate taxable retail value of the Qualifying Prize is $22.00. Each Qualifier shall be required to present himself/herself at the Station for the purpose of awarding the Qualifying Prize and completing necessary paperwork. Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to deliver the Qualifying Prize and paperwork to the Winner in person or by postal mail.
17. In the event a Qualifier successfully guesses the Winning Combination to the “Vault”, subject to verification of eligibility, compliance with the Contest rules, and upon satisfaction of all circumstances described in these Contest rules (the “Grand Prize Winner”) the verified Grand Prize Winner will receive $100,000, awarded in the form of a company check made payable to such Grand Prize Winner only and made available to be picked up by Grand Prize Winner(s) within 6 to 8 weeks after the Grand Prize Winner has been determined. Station will contact Grand Prize Winner(s) by phone at the phone number provided to Station when check is available to be picked up. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the telephone number provided by Grand Prize Winner(s) to Station in his or her entry. Station shall have no responsibility for any technical failures of answering machines or voicemail.
a. In the event of more than (1) eligible grand prize-winning guess, then the cash value of the Grand Prize will be evenly distributed among all eligible Grand Prize Winners (but in no event will more than $100,000 in total be delivered as the grand prize in this contest).
b. If won, Grand Prize will be payable to Grand Prize Winner(s) only IN THE EVENT THERE IS A GRAND PRIZE WINNER(S), IF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER(S) DOES NOT PICK UP GRAND PRIZE WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION THAT THE GRAND PRIZE IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP, HE OR SHE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. IN SUCH EVENT, THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE REAWARDED AND WILL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF STATION.
18. In addition to verification of eligibility, the potential Grand Prize Winner(s) shall not be entitled to any prize in this contest unless he/she provides Station with the following within three (3) business days of winning:
a. Contestant Information: Name, address, phone number and photocopy of a government issued photo identification card of the actual person/winner who completed the prize-winning requirements; valid social security card and original birth certificate
b. W-9 Form: Completed and signed by the winner.
c. Affidavits: Execution of all affidavits of eligibility and/or liability release agreements “as is”, as required by Station.
Failure to comply with the foregoing requirements for any reason within three (3) business days of winning at the Grand Prize Event will result in automatic forfeiture of the Grand Prize in this Contest and disqualification of such potential Grand Prize Winner.
19. In the event that a Consolation Prize Drawing is conducted (as described in Section 14 above), and a “Consolation Prize Winner” is selected, subject to verification of eligibility, compliance with the Contest rules, and upon satisfaction of all circumstances described in these Contest rules, the verified Consolation Prize Winner will receive $1,000 (the Consolation Prize), awarded in the form of a company check made payable to such Consolation Prize Winner only and made available to be picked up by Consolation Prize Winner(s) within 2 to 3 weeks after the Consolation Prize Winner has been determined. Station will contact Consolation Prize Winner by phone at the phone number provided to Station when check is available to be picked up. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the telephone number provided by Consolation Prize Winner to Station in his or her entry. Station shall have no responsibility for any technical failures of answering machines or voicemail.
a. If the Consolation Prize is won, and the Consolation Prize Winner DOES NOT PICK UP CONSOLATION PRIZE WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION THAT THE CONSOLATION PRIZE IS AVAILABLE FOR PICK-UP, HE OR SHE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. IN SUCH EVENT, THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE REAWARDED AND WILL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF STATION.
20. Prizes are non-transferable. No family member or other person may accept a prize on behalf of a winner.
21. The sponsor of this contest is Kauai Broadcast Partners, LLC.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
22. In addition to the eligibility restrictions set forth in the Station’s general contest rules, current and former employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Sponsors listed above and Interactive Promotions Group, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family (i.e., current and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and in-laws and steps in any of the foregoing categories) and other household members (i.e., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each legally residing at the same address) are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
23. Accepting any available opt-in opportunities from our sponsors and/or Station is not required to enter the Contest; and checking the opt-in boxes will not improve your chances of winning. Entrants may opt-out of any further email communication at any time without affecting their entry by following the provided opt-out instructions or by replying REMOVE to any email message.
24. Station is not responsible for any error or technical malfunctions associated with the Station’s website that may affect any entrant’s ability to enter, to win, or to be properly considered in this Contest, regardless of the cause. In the event of a malfunction associated with the Station’s website that Station (in its sole discretion) deems to materially and adversely affect this Contest, Station reserves the right to suspend this contest, terminate this contest without a winner, provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Station deems appropriate under the circumstances. Any such changes, terminations or suspensions will be announced on air and/or posted on the Station’s website, if applicable.