The following scholarships are available on behalf of the KVMH Auxiliary as well as the Hawaii Emergency Physicians Associated. Applications are available through the High School’s Senior Counseling Offices, Kauai Community College Financial Aid Office, KVMH Gift Shop, as well as at both KVMH and SMMH’s Emergency Rooms.
• The KVMH Auxiliary Scholarship will be awarded to current high school seniors who reside in the Waimea District encompassing the towns of Omao to Mana. Students must be going into a health care or allied health care profession.
o KVMH Auxiliary will be awarding Four (4) $1,000.00 scholarships.
• The Patricia Beck Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a current college student who resides in the Waimea District and is currently enrolled in health care or allied health care profession. Please note, this scholarship is not limited to only Kauai Community College Students.
o The Patricia Beck Memorial Scholarship is awarded at One (1) $1,000.00 scholarship.
• For both scholarships, students must meet the following qualifications:
o Two (2) letters of recommendation; one from their current educational institution and the other from a member of the community.
o Submit an official transcript
o Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
o A current resume
o A completed essay/personal narrative.
• Financial need is a consideration.
Deadline for this scholarship: Postmarked by Friday, April 5, 2019.
• The Hawaii Emergency Physicians Associated (HEPA) Scholarship is available to current high school seniors who reside in the Kapaa and Waimea School Districts. This is an open scholarship; students do not have to be going into a health care field of study.
o The HEPA Scholarship will be awarded to One (1) Senior each at both Kapaa High School and Waimea High School. The scholarship is awarded at the amount of $3,000.00.
• Minimum qualifications are as follows:
o Submitting a personal letter as stated on the application and;
o Financial Need is a Strong Consideration.
Deadline for this scholarship: Postmarked by Saturday, April 20, 2019.
Scholarship applications are available here: